250g mascarpone cheese
6 egg yolks
4 tablespoons caster sugar
2 teaspoons strong espresso coffee
60g Dark chocolate
8 tablespoons of weak coffee
6 tablespoons of coffee liqueur
20 savoiardi biscuits (sponge fingers)
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of instant coffee powder
~ METHOD ~
- Whisk the cheese until soft.
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl with the sugar and whisk.
- Put the bowl over a bain marie (saucepan of boiling water) turn the heat down to medium whisking constantly until thick and creamy.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Whisk in the espresso coffee along with the cheese.
- Grate the chocolate into the mixture, stir and chill.
- Next, mix together the weak coffee and liqueur. Dip half the biscuits into it and use them to line the bottom of a small serving dish (10 inch.)
- Pour over half of the chilled mascarpone cheese mixture and smooth over.
- Dip the other half of the biscuits in the remaining coffee mixture and lay them on top.
- Cover with the remaining mascarpone cheese mixture. Bang the dish to let the layers sink down.
- Mix the cocoa and coffee powder and sieve lightly over the top.
- Chill for at least three hours before serving.