8 good sized potatoes peeled and washed
4 medium sized onions
8 back rashers of good quality bacon
- Put the potatoes straight into a medium sized pot.
- Chop the onions into chunks and add those.
- Lay the rashers and sausages on top. (It’s a good idea to prick the sausages.)
- Almost cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
- Add plenty of pepper then simmer for an hour or so.
- Half way through remove the lid and cook until liquid is reduced to the required consistency and the potatoes are disintergrating but still have some shape.
- Add the chopped parsley and serve.