short crust pastry
small tub of single cream
4 handfuls of spinach
100 grams of cheese grated
3 rashers of bacon
Tablespoon of sunflower oil.
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F
- Grease and line four small flan dishes or one large one with the pastry and blind bake in a preheated oven for ten minutes.
- Meanwhile fry the bacon in the sun flower oil then roughly chop.
- Wash the spinach and place into a saucepan still wet and cook until wilted stirring gently.
- In a bowl break the eggs and whisk lightly with a fork, stir in the cream and cheese.
- Chop the spinach and add along with the bacon to the egg mixture and pour into the pastry cases.
- Bake for a further 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve with salad and a medley of oven roasted vegetables.